Acceptance Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Surviving11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know these posts are pretty overdone, but I figured I'd give it a go. So I just took the DAT and got an AA 19 TS 19 and PAT 28. my GPA and sGPA are both at 3.3. I have 300+ shadowing hours between an OMFS and a general dentist. I am a supplemental instructor for organic, which allows me to work alongside the professor and lead study sessions outside of class for the students. I also do a lot of volunteering with a feeding the homeless group along with some other good community volunteering hours. Just wondering what people think my odds are and which schools I might have the best chance with. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Could you give a further breakdown of your TS and AA. Usually schools want decent scores in all categories. If all scores are around 19-20 then I'd say you have a decent shot if you apply to multiple schools.

Reactions: 1 user
How low is your RC and QR? If you're getting a 28 in PAT but only 19 AA, you must have gotten 17's or 16's in those two sections, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you give a further breakdown of your TS and AA. Usually schools want decent scores in all categories. If all scores are around 19-20 then I'd say you have a decent shot if you apply to multiple schools.
The full breakdown was AA:19 TS:19 OC:19 GC:20 Bio:17 RC:21 QR:18 and PAT:28

The full breakdown was AA:19 TS:19 OC:19 GC:20 Bio:17 RC:21 QR:18 and PAT:28
Your scores are decent because they are all around the same and not any big outliers. With a 3.3 Gpa though it might be hard to get in. I had a 3.45 20AA 21Ts and after applying to 15 schools I received 3 interviews and one acceptance. You really wont know unless you try.

I’m going to be honest - this seems like a bit of a red flag.

You mention being a supplemental instructor for organic chemistry, which is a great leadership experience to have made.

However, your GPAs are low. That’s okay because you’re an OC SI, so you should be able to do well on the DAT sciences to make up for it.

How did you end up with a 19 TS? The DAT is supposed to be the equalizer between all students - because of that, I now think the curriculum at your school is behind other schools. This makes the low GPA even more underwhelming.

Hmm..I had 3.3 just like you both gpas.
I got 22 AA and 23TS. Everything was on or above 23 except bio (19). Applies to 13, 6 interview invites.
Some still questioned why I got 19 on bio when I was a bio major (honestly it’s cuz I only had 4 weeks to study. I had no time to memorize all that poop)
They will ask you about your scores and you should come up with a good answer.
If you don’t wanna waste a shot, just go for it and gain experience and who knows you might get in somewhere :)