Acceptance Chances…

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eyes4you!

Reaction score
What are the chances of me getting into optometry school? I’m a little nervous about my scores. I took the OAT about 2 weeks ago and my unofficial scores are 280 AA and 260 TS. My GPA is a 3.77 and I’ve completed all the prerequisites. My experiences are 3.5 years as an optician and 20 hours shadowing another optometrist. I’ve shadowed an ophthalmologist also. Then I’m in a sorority and held 2 positions over the past 3 years.

Members don't see this ad.

What schools are you applying to? Your GPA looks great along with your optometric experience, but your OAT is on the lower end. I would recommend submitting your application and wait to see what each school commitee recommends.

I'll second preopt2019 advice and to submit your application. Most likely you'll hear retake the OAT, most schools like a minimum of 300 but since your GPA is on the high side, they might overlook that and take into consideration the shadowing and work in an Optometrists office.

Members don't see this ad :)
What schools are you applying to? Your GPA looks great along with your optometric experience, but your OAT is on the lower end. I would recommend submitting your application and wait to see what each school commitee recommends.
I'll second preopt2019 advice and to submit your application. Most likely you'll hear retake the OAT, most schools like a minimum of 300 but since your GPA is on the high side, they might overlook that and take into consideration the shadowing and work in an Optometrists office.
I plan on applying to AZCOPT, UMSL, NSU, NSUOCO, UHCO, and SCO