Acceptance vs rejection for people who interviewed together..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2THDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking that if you were in a same batch of interviews given, say within a range of dates, how do they exactly offer seats for someone but not others?

Do they offer certain number of spots to their top choices and if some or all of them decline offers, do those seats then make it to the second choices? And third and so on?

Or do they send out acceptance and rejection for the applicants in the same batch at the same time?

And move on to the next batch of applicants interviewed together?

This just popped up in my mind while thinking about how miserable it would feel to mess up on the interview and get a straight rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

Batches don't matter. Can we get over that already? You can get accepted/rejected anytime after Dec 2.

I was at the Pittsburgh interview this Monday, and they said that they don't reject anyone on December 1st.
They said that if you received an interview, then you are a very qualified applicant, so they wait to "reject" any interviewee that they didn't have space for in their program until they know for sure that their class is finalized for that year.

this pretty much sums up what I wanted to know.
Any other ideas?

So unless you completely bomb the interview, you shouldn't be rejected right away just because the person who interviewed right before or after you were better than you, right?