accepted....but should I accept?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thornhsn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today I was accepted to Lynchburg College's DPT program which is cool but i'd be a part of their first class therefore I won't know whether the school gets accreditation until my final semester. Besides LC, i have been rejected from all schools except Arcadia which i'm on the waitlist for.

A lot of people have told me to go ahead with Lynchburg College because if they're spending all this money, they must be confident in their ability to gain accreditation. Sometimes though, I think it may be better to just wait and reapply next year to be sure I'm going to a good school.

And of course, if Arcadia offers admission I will obviously go there! What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on getting a spot at Lynchburg College!

I really don't know much about the process of a school getting accreditation but I guess all programs had to go through this?

Have you asked a ton of questions about it? Do they have teachers who taught at other well established programs? Is there someone to talk with about the vision for the program? Do they seem well organized, fully staffed with all the essential facilities? Have they established clinical affiliations?

Of course going to school for 3 years is a big committment and I can understand that you want to have confidence in the end result! Are they offering a good tuition rate? More and more it seems like the program that will leave the student with less debt wins out!

I can imagine that there would be some advantages too. Will it be a smaller class - that could give you a more personalized experience? I bet they would be very interested in feedback and making adjustments when suggested by the class. I would also think that they would be very motivated to help you be successful since their accreditation would depend on it (atleast partially I assume.)

Just thinking out loud...

just send ur deposit to hold ur seat ... if u get in anywhere else better, go there.

i would be careful... yes, the school is investing a lot of money into their program, but you are also investing time and money as well. Programs however, cannot receive accreditation until they graduate their first class...so someone has to take the gamble! I'm sitting on the edge of going to a university that was scheduled to receive accreditation this week..but i won't go there unless it does. just my 2 cents..:)