Accepted into Dental School but now making a D in non pre-req course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ManosdeSeda

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted into dental school! However, I slacked off this semester and am now possibly going to make a D in a non pre-req science course. Should I be worried about the school rescinding their offer of admission? Really worried...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's something to worry about, unless the school says on the letter that the acceptance is "conditional upon..."

I don't think it's something to worry about, unless the school says on the letter that the acceptance is "conditional upon..."
Well it says "Acceptance is conditional upon the successful completion of all course requirements" however, on their website, this particular class that I'm doing poorly in is not listed in their course requirements. So, I think I'm okay but am just wondering. It would be a real bummer to get in just to get it taken away by an unnecessary class :/

Members don't see this ad :)
All acceptances are provisionally right now... Yes, this is an issue. You need to contact the admission office and tell them you're going to not pass a course/ drop the course with a W. It's up to their discretion to do what they want with the news. If you dont tell them, that will likely even cause more problems; because they WILL find out and you dont want to appear as if you not being transparent.

Depending what they mean by "successful completion of..."
If it's an unnecessary class, drop it and get a W (as long as you've fulfilled credit requirements). Still better than a D or F.

Call the admissions office and ask if it is ok to drop

Reactions: 1 user
Nevermind! Aced my final so i'm getting a C! First C and I couldn't be more relieved haha
A C is fine right? Like, I don't have to worry and call them?

Reactions: 2 users
I doubt you have to call them about a C.

Congrats on getting into DS!

Trust me, I have several C's on my transcript and I was accepted so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just make sure you get A's and B's in the spring! ;)

I've had major senioritis since I submitted my app at the end of July. I pulled my first ever B- in analytical chemistry and that was after getting a 97 on the final, worth 30% of my grade. There was legit concern of me failing. I feel ya, OP, and congrats on that C - far better than failing. I don't think you need to inform the schools of it.

Nevermind! Aced my final so i'm getting a C! First C and I couldn't be more relieved haha
A C is fine right? Like, I don't have to worry and call them?
you may have very well salvaged your dschool future by acing that final.

way to pull a clutch :bow:

Reactions: 1 user