Accepted without Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My future brother in law was accepted to 2 schools back in the early 90's without applying to them. He had a 4.0 (triple major) and a 44 MCAT. Full rides to tons of schools and eventually chose Wash U in STL.

So apparently it can happen

Man, the 2000's suck compared to the 90's, I remember having trouble with my application even though I had a 42.75 GPA and a 78 on my MCATS. I think it was because I only scored a 26 on the biological sciences and my essay was a Y instead of a Z, but I guess I would have done awsome in the 90's. If it wasn't for the 39 publications I had where I was first author, I think I would have been flipping burgers for the rest of my life, because honestly, I can't imagine how anyone could even get in with those stats. My friend who had 47 publications but was only first author on 19 of them is still selling trinkets at radio shack . . . go figure. Well, anyway, I have to go because I deffered a year of medical school so I could finish building this 32 mile by 32 mile city in west Africa that I developed for the poor hungry people there, and my plane leaves within the hour.

Take care fellow students and good luck with your apps.

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes, I wish I could be smarter.

For now I'll keep eating good food, trying to sleep better, and enjoying the fact that I can breathe freely.

I am willing through jump many hoops to become a doctor. :)

I remember those days, shoot, I would have clubbed a live baby seal if asked by the admissions committee in those days. Odd how perspectives change when your on the other side of the fence . . . I can't wait till I am ready to be doing this all over again, when I apply for residency, maybe then I will just actually club a baby seal just to prove my dedication.

I received an interview for the MSTP at Univ. of Colorado, Denver without submitting a secondary. I called them and they said that it is a common occurrence since they like to start reviewing MSTP applicants early in order to coordinate interviews with the medical school. I still have to submit the secondary before I can interview.