Accidentally took a core class Pass/NP, how should I proceed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

potentialpersoninacoat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I did something stupid and took my second quarter of organic chemistry Pass/No Pass and didn't realize it until I saw my grades this week (I passed). I didn't change it at all during the quarter and I must have slipped up and marked it as pass/np when I was registering for classes but I have no idea why I would've done that as the default option is a Letter grade and I had no intention to ever take the class pass/np.

I don't really know how to proceed right now as my options from what I've gathered over the last two days are:

1. Petition for a change on my transcript to a grade (This is very unlikely to happen unless I had some sort of emergency)
2. Ask my teacher to change my grade down to a No Pass (NP) on my transcript and retake the course.
3. Take an additional quarter of organic chemistry at the local community college.

My question is if anyone else has ever experienced this and if I do have to change my grade to a NP and retake it, how would it look on my transcript.

Right now I'm looking at a 3.66 and it's going up and I have a ton of EC's and experience to supplement my app. I'd hate to have this one momentary split up really knock me off the path or dock me.

As for what I would've gotten in the class if I had taken it for a letter grade, I'm pretty sure I was looking at a straight B but there's a slim chance I got a C. However I don't know since the professor doesn't post the final score online.

Advice or suggestions on how to proceed?

Members don't see this ad.