"Account for fulltime activity"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellie Arroway

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, there is more than one secondary that says something to the effect of "For the 2012-13 application cycle, indicate your activities, academics, employment or other occupation to account for full-time activity." Do we get in trouble if we don't have fulltime activity figured out for the summer? I'm currently doing 16-20 hours a week of volunteer stuff, and I am looking for paid employment, but I can't officially say that I have "fulltime activity" figured out for the next few months. I do stuff with my life, it's just not "official" (like reading a stack of books I've been waiting to get to). Is that going to be a problem?

Hopefully I'll have a job before I get verified & actually have to submit the secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

Your activity doesn't have to be application stuff. Say that you are volunteering and fill the rest of your time with hobbies and other personal interests. Just make sure you don't sound like you're sitting on your ass drinking beer and watching TV all day.

I would write something like the following but expanded it to ~1500 characters using details and such.

I'm currently volunteering at XYZ charity doing A, B, and C. I plan to continue this throughout the application cycle.

Additionally, I am looking for full time employment in X or Y fields. If I do not find something by the end of September (or w/e month), I will find a part time retail job and commit the remainder of my time to volunteering at XYZ charity and a few of my hobbies such as bicycling and reading (or w/e).