ace the dat or topscore which one is better??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nendo21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I never used ace the dat but I did do the three topscore tests. The format of the tests are what helps the most. The layout was very similar to the real DAT. The topscore questions aren't really accurate, and don't expect to learn anything from them, but the tests themselves will give you a feel for the real computerized test.

If you do buy topscore, or better yet, borrow the cd, save the three tests for the very last. Once you've studied all the material, learn how to pace yourself with the topscore tests. Discipline yourself to sit down and do the whole thing in one sitting. It will train you not to get mentally fatigued when you take the real DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would suggest getting both (practice makes perfect), but be wary of Ace the DAT. When I had it last year it was riddled with errors. It may have improved since then, though. I think I remember the math section being helpful because it explained some of the answers. :thumbup:

Get TopScore.
Use Ace the Dat only if you need practice on the PAT. The other sections are nothing like the real test.

Someone here mentioned that she saw some identical math problems from Ace The Dat. Many complained about the science sections. I haven't tried it though.

luder98 said:
Someone here mentioned that she saw some identical math problems from Ace The Dat. Many complained about the science sections. I haven't tried it though.

Yes I did see identical math ?'s on the real DAT and acethedat. Strangely enough I only got a 19 on math so maybe acethedats solutions were wrong (it wouldn't surprise me). For PAT acethedat is great. Overall however topscore is a better product no doubt.

i didn't use ace the dat but i'll pitch in my agreement that topscore was really helpful, especially in giving you 'mental training' so you are used to the length and format and don't get overwhelmed at the real test. I also thought it was fairly accurate as far as showing you questions and concepts similar to those on the real test, especially in the chemistry sections.

Topscore hands down, but I thought the PAT and the QR sections of the Ace were awesome (even with all the errors)

Nendo21 said:

Why risk it, buy both. I think buying both should be in the 100 dollar range.

Nendo21 and brook burke, which one is hotter?

gundam said:

Thats not her picture dude. I know Nendo21 in real life, its a guy. Back on topic tho! Didn't you already take the DAT nendo?

lunguv said:
Thats not her picture dude. I know Nendo21 in real life, its a guy. Back on topic tho! Didn't you already take the DAT nendo?
Dude, are you serious!?
That sucks ass.
It's pretty ****ed up right here.
Nendo are you a ***?
j/k

lunguv said:

yea i did but i have to take it again, i did pretty crappy in some sections gotta do better this time...by the way where did we meet? lol

Nendo21 said:
yea i did but i have to take it again, i did pretty crappy in some sections gotta do better this time...by the way where did we meet? lol

You can tell us on which section(s) you didn't do so hot and we will be able to help you out better. You have to use multiple resources to do well on the entire DAT.

And Nedo or no Nedo that girl in the pic(avatar) has the most genuine smile in the whole world :thumbup:

gundam said:

I would have to say that Nendo is MUCH hotter than Brooke Burke. After all, what does Brooke Burke know about dentistry? Nothing. Nendo 1, B. Burke 0.

DB#1 said:
You can tell us on which section(s) you didn't do so hot and we will be able to help you out better. You have to use multiple resources to do well on the entire DAT.

And Nedo or no Nedo that girl in the pic(avatar) has the most genuine smile in the whole world :thumbup:

thank you for the compliment, the sections i did bad in are math and pat and i could use some stuff for gen chem too i guess, someone was talking about subject booklets that went into more detail and could be used as a supplament to the kaplan blue book does anyone remember what the name of those is? thank you all!

Nendo21 said:

Oh...ya... We never met...haha :). Good luck on the DAT tho! I hope your second time goes better! I honestly don't really have any tips that would help you...cause I didn't really study much...but I think what helped me was taking like 4 practice tests, and going thru the kaplan book, in case u did not do that! Ok cya.

Nendo21 said:
thank you for the compliment, the sections i did bad in are math and pat and i could use some stuff for gen chem too i guess, someone was talking about subject booklets that went into more detail and could be used as a supplament to the kaplan blue book does anyone remember what the name of those is? thank you all!

You have probably heard this a million times but I will say it again, the best thing to do for the PAT is to practise. Start with Barron's "How to Prepare for the DAT" just to see how difficult these problems can get, you can get if from Amazon.com really cheap. The Kaplan blue is good for math. And may be get an MCAT prepbook for the Chem section.

Top Score....if they only had explanations that would be awesome!

Ace the DAT (im not too familiar with) but you cant retake the full length tests....only review the ones ur missed

(verify that info please)