ACEP 14 SA Chicago - Who's going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fox800

Go to the ER now to see if you have coronavirus.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heading out to Chicago tomorrow morning until Wednesday afternoon. Never been to Chicago or an ACEP SA. Anyone else heading there? What's fun to do around town?

Members don't see this ad.

My group flies in Sunday.

What do you like to do? I did residency in Chicago and have a pretty thorough list of bars and restaurants worth visiting.

If you can make time during the day I highly recommend doing an architecture boat tour if you've never been to Chicago.

I'll be there from Sat-Weds afternoon so I have some time to kill.

What do I like to do? People watch, bars with good views, brewery tours, military/aviation museums are cool. Plan on checking out a few excellent pizza places, Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and just heading wherever the group goes. I'll be at the ACEP Kickoff and EMRA parties. Friend who's traveling with me wants to go see Wrigley Field.

You're the 2nd or 3rd person to recommend the architecture boat tour, I'll definitely try to do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do I like to do? ...bars with good views, brewery tours, military/aviation museums are cool. Plan on checking out a few excellent pizza places, Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and just heading wherever the group goes. I'll be at the ACEP Kickoff and EMRA parties. Friend who's traveling with me wants to go see Wrigley Field.

You're the 2nd or 3rd person to recommend the architecture boat tour, I'll definitely try to do that.

Sounds like you should head to Millennium Park and then to The Signature Room for a drink - skip the food, it's not worth the price. Get pizza at Lou Malnati's instead, best deep dish in Chicago, IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
I hear the Blackhawks are playing the Ducks at the United Center on Tuesday. Some of my group is heading to that.

Definitely try Giordano's pizza probably my fav, although Gino's East and Uno's are great too.

Our interest group invited us M1s to go but I'm guessing it would somewhat pointless for someone less than 3 months into M1. Yes?

Reactions: 1 users
I hear the Blackhawks are playing the Ducks at the United Center on Tuesday. Some of my group is heading to that.
We're going to the Ottawa-Blackhawks game tomorrow night

lame question but wanted to double check. how are y'all dressing for tomorrow? i'll be dressed w/ no coat but dress shirt and tie. Maybe a backpack too.

lame question but wanted to double check. how are y'all dressing for tomorrow? i'll be dressed w/ no coat but dress shirt and tie. Maybe a backpack too.
Jacket-no tie or tie-no jacket are both fine. Unless you're presenting, in which case tie + jacket is your safest bet. Last time I presented I didn't wear a tie (it was hot!).
I think my copresenters were a little pissed.

Agree with above. Also, currently wearing polo and jeans which I'm not quite sure how to feel about now.