ACLS certification advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do most programs require ACLS certification for 4th year electives and what about AHAapproved?

Is AHA ACLS cert required for match?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol. Is it that useless? Most of my class did it the summer before MS2. It just takes a day or so to study for. More if you don't know basic cardio.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol. Is it that useless? Most of my class did it the summer before MS2. It just takes a day or so to study for. More if you don't know basic cardio.

No, ACLS is not useless. I just have never heard of a school requiring it for clinical rotations. Either your school will offer it to you at some point as a student, or your residency program will have you take it during orientation. I would not advise anyone seek out an ACLS course on their own outside of those two avenues as it is (a) unnecessary for their purposes and (b) costs money. It's certainly not required for the match.

Thx for that SIM

Yes.

(If by useless you mean it doesn't work and there's no evidence supporting its use)

I would not advise anyone seek out an ACLS course on their own outside of those two avenues as it is (a) unnecessary for their purposes and (b) costs money. It's certainly not required for the match.
QwqhZC