About the ads

ACP MKSAP questions, and MKSAP discount.

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by dragonfly99, Jun 9, 2009.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. dragonfly99

dragonfly99

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    http://www.acponline.org/products_services/mksap/15/pretest.htm

Hi guys. I just received an email from ACP stating they are trying out questions for MKSAP 15, and apparently are giving a discount on later purchase of MKSAP for people who offer to "beta test" the questions.

disclaimer: I have nothing to do with ACP, and am not getting any type of benefits/kickbacks. I've already passed my boards so won't be subjecting myself to the torture of going through these questions, at least not until a few more years have elapsed!
  2. Tigerz_Fan

Tigerz_Fan also known as Towanda!!!

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thank you!:D
  3. DrMetal

DrMetal To shred or not shred? Lifetime Donor

Resident [Any Field]
    Physician Navy SDN 5+ Year Member
    How often does the ACP offer discounts to ACP members for MKSAP? (I heard there was a recent holiday special, where you could get both the online and print versions for nearly half the price). Do these discounts come around often for ACP members?
  4. rokshana

rokshana Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    i got a similar email when i was a resident and they gave you a certain % off for depending on the number of questions you submitted.

guess they do it with the each preparation for the next MKSAPā€¦so every 3 years or so?
  5. Trogghunter

Trogghunter

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Mksap 15 is sooooo 4 years ago. I have the texts used from family, and the most recent citation that I've noticed is from 2006/7. 15 was published in 2009. 16 is already old. The data on PSA, chemo regimens, and a lot off other guidelines is dated.
  6. Raryn

Raryn Infernal Internist

Resident [Any Field]
    Physician SDN 5+ Year Member
    They do have errata for each edition. For example, MKSAP 16 errata was last updated in September: http://mksap.acponline.org/16/errata.html

They're also coming out with additional blocks of questions every 6 months for MKSAP 16. Last one came out last week.
  7. DrMetal

DrMetal To shred or not shred? Lifetime Donor

Resident [Any Field]
    Physician Navy SDN 5+ Year Member
    Does anyone have the holiday flyer that went out offering a discount of the print version and the online version? Mind posting it here or sending it to me via PM? I'd be very appreciative!