ACPHS class of 2019!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDocs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm applying to ACPHS Albany campus for next fall 2015. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.86, my PCAT score is 70th percentile, and I am still looking for some pharmacy experience. I was recently accepted to Temple Pharmacy but i couldn't go there. Do I have any chance of being accepted to ACPHS? Please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

I also applied to ACPHS but the Colchester campus. For pharmacy experience you could apply to like CVS or Rite Aid or any type of pharmacy. That's what I did. I tried to go the volunteer route but everywhere I went I was told I couldn't volunteer because it would violate the HIPAA law. And with basically a 3.9 you will get in anywhere as you can see with Temple so you shouldn't worry

Reactions: 1 user
I also applied to ACPHS but the Colchester campus. For pharmacy experience you could apply to like CVS or Rite Aid or any type of pharmacy. That's what I did. I tried to go the volunteer route but everywhere I went I was told I couldn't volunteer because it would violate the HIPAA law. And with basically a 3.9 you will get in anywhere as you can see with Temple so you shouldn't worry

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I'm applying to ACPHS Albany campus for next fall 2015. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.86, my PCAT score is 70th percentile, and I am still looking for some pharmacy experience. I was recently accepted to Temple Pharmacy but i couldn't go there. Do I have any chance of being accepted to ACPHS? Please help!!
why can't you go to temple pharmacy man ?

ACPHS has a program that allows you to enter PharmD after 2 years of Bachelor's. You only need PCAT in 26th percentile.

Last edited by a moderator:
ACPHS has a program that allows you to enter PharmD after 2 years of Bachelor's. You only need PCAT in 26th percentile, man! No reason you can't get in this school.

Caveats: ACPHS is disorganized. Quality of teaching is not very good. The curriculum is one of the most rigorous in the country (that might be a plus for you but it's very hard to earn A's here).
It seems that every year, they add more and more requirements for PharmD students: i.e., this year, we have to take 9 credits of professional electives on top of PharmD curriculum, have to pass "top 250 drugs" in P1 year (pointless, since all of us forget it right after the test, and we'll learn those drugs again in next classes anyway). And starting this year, students have to do SEVEN APPE rotations instead of six in order to graduate!
Also, as a transfer student (coming in with a Bachelor degree), you won't be eligible for federal graduate loans (and will have to take out private loans) because ACPHS considers the first 2 years "undergrad"! Cost of attendance is $40k/year.

I think that's the problem with most programs. Most cost $40,000+ per year, professors come straight out of residency so they have no teaching experience, and the students that get accepted have 26% PCAT which is very low considering we are dealing with a professional school.

Reactions: 1 users
The 26th percentile for PCAT is the cut-off for those admitted straight from 2-year BS program without going through admission process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user