ACS Orgo Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrisrucks22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to take the ACS orgo exam in a week and my school does not curve the ACS exam nor do they curve the orgo course. I currently have a 92% raw in my orgo class which is an A-. I need to get a 66/70 on the ACS exam to bring my grade up to an A. I'm basically looking for any advice from people who have experience with this test. I have the official ACS guide. If I go through this whole guide will this be enough? Is it even possible to get 66/70 on this thing without a bit of luck considering it's standardized. Just looking for any advice. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This is similar to asking if you can get a 41 mcat. Sure, but its very unlikely. If you're an organic pro and could retake all your tests with 100%, you may have a shot

Last edited:
I have to take the ACS orgo exam in a week and my school does not curve the ACS exam nor do they curve the orgo course. I currently have a 92% raw in my orgo class which is an A-. I need to get a 66/70 on the ACS exam to bring my grade up to an A. I'm basically looking for any advice from people who have experience with this test. I have the official ACS guide. If I go through this whole guide will this be enough? Is it even possible to get 66/70 on this thing without a bit of luck considering it's standardized. Just looking for any advice. Thanks

As far as reviewing the material, a comprehensive review is almost too much to cram into a week. I spent most of the three days I studied for this exam covering the topics I felt most uncomfortable with. Using the ACS guide is the way to go. Get comfortable with the types of questions that are used on the exam and you should be fine. 66 is a tough score, but certainly attainable. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your 92% suggests that you know in general what is going on. The official review guide will help you with the specifics and getting used to their style of questions. Also, they migh use different reagents and / or different names than you are used to.

One week with the review book and you'll be fine. It's not like you have time for anything else anyway.

Study from the guide and concepts you are shaky about, refer to the book or online websites.

The ACS exam is a bear of a multiple choice exam. Study hard and success.