ACS Thermodynamics exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krystal2812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone take the final of pchem, ACS thermodynamcis exam yet? Any recommendation? There is no study guide for it. S.o recommended me to use GRE, but does it help?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i took that exam two days ago and man was it awful. Mostly conceptual questions with a handful calculation questions. Sorry, I really can't offer great recommendations on what to study other than know work, entropy, enthalpy, internal energy and Gibb's energy and how to apply their equations to answer some conceptual questions. There were one or two phase diagram questions as well. Sorry I don't really remember much more than that, I was kind of blown away by the whole thing haha.

Thank you for answering my question, SgtPepper. Hope that I will be ok on Monday. There are sooooooooooooo many things to study for that exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i felt the same way. Its hard to study for any ACS exam let alone a phcem one....well, i wish you the best of luck on monday!

I just took mine today and honestly the best thing to do is know how to calculate enthalpy, gibbs free energy, entropy, etc, but also to make sure you understand concepts such as graphs behind it and just the concepts in general and know how to apply them. I mostly just went over my class notes and looked over some concept questions, but there's not much else I did really besides going over the concepts.