Actual recruiter fee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks - I searched for this topic, and I got approximations. What is an actual fee of which you are aware, not that you think or heard about, for an EM doc charged by a recruiter? I am NOT going to a recruiter, but the fee that would be charged is the number I need. PM me if you don't want to post it.

People bandied about $10K to $50K, with heavy mention of $20K and $30K. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

That's generally what I've heard. I'm sure it is one of those trade secrets that people protect at all costs.
I'm assuming you're using this as leverage in signing with a group and not using the recruiter. I bet there are some directors out there who can give you what they've paid in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's generally what I've heard. I'm sure it is one of those trade secrets that people protect at all costs.
I'm assuming you're using this as leverage in signing with a group and not using the recruiter.
I bet there are some directors out there who can give you what they've paid in the past.

Yeah, that's it, but not leverage as much as the guy in charge said that, since I came to them, the money they saved from the recruiter could go to my signing bonus. That's why I wondered - still - from $10K to $50K is wide. $10K is great, 50 large is off the chain.

Some directors have quoted me $20K.

I'm just wondering why the director would tell you what is the recruiter fee (because, either way you would be outside the loop - whether you were recruited or not, unless yours was the same situation as mine).

Thanks for the responses, though, fellas.

Yeah, that's it, but not leverage as much as the guy in charge said that, since I came to them, the money they saved from the recruiter could go to my signing bonus. That's why I wondered - still - from $10K to $50K is wide. $10K is great, 50 large is off the chain.

I'm just wondering why the director would tell you what is the recruiter fee (because, either way you would be outside the loop - whether you were recruited or not, unless yours was the same situation as mine).

Thanks for the responses, though, fellas.

We had several directors come to our residency program and give a workshop on the interview/application process. They told us not to hire a recruiter to headhunt for us because it'll cost them approx 20K per head.

So in a former life I worked as recruiter for the pharma industry. We got paid anywhere from 5-10% (and in some cases 15%) of the starting salary of the new hire. Otherwise, I can't comment on what MD recruiters make.