Adcom contact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ARKR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I actually had an adcom contact me and ask for clarification about my app. Wanted to know if I could give them specific hours on some of my current activities and if I could detail the other portions + include any I may not have listed on amcas (which I, rather intelligently, did forget to include one). While I obviously responded with the required information it left me feeling a bit rattled. It is my top choice school.

Is it normal to be contacted like this?

Members don't see this ad.

So I actually had an adcom contact me and ask for clarification about my app. Wanted to know if I could give them specific hours on some of my current activities and if I could detail the other portions + include any I may not have listed on amcas (which I, rather intelligently, did forget to include one). While I obviously responded with the required information it left me feeling a bit rattled. It is my top choice school.

Is it normal to be contacted like this?

It is unusual to be contacted by a committee member directly. It would be strange for the office to call for clarification, but I've never heard of a committee member calling.

Reactions: 1 users
It is unusual to be contacted by a committee member directly. It would be strange for the office to call for clarification, but I've never heard of a committee member calling.

Yeah, this is what alarmed me. Ive never heard of it happening. It was actually an email, but didn't know how to take it regardless.

Members don't see this ad :)
Super odd, but as long as you've answered truthfully to the best of your abilities then you probably won't have any issues.

And honestly, you could even look at it as a positive, your top choice school cares about you enough to clarify your app!

You should be happy. It means they are reviewing your application and considering you for a spot, or that what you wrote was incoherent.

This is true, I was torn between thinking I was inadequate vs they just wanted to make sure I was adequate in all areas. I don't think what I wrote was incoherent, I just kinda was rushing my app so I forgot to include exact hours in the secondary about current activities (oops). Actually it was kinda nice because they gave me the opportunity to add on the activity i forgot to list on amcas.

As if I didn't have enough anxiety already!:laugh:

I would also interpret this contact as probably promising. Otherwise, why would someone take the time?

Yes I think I'm just getting myself too worked up. Hopefully this leads to positive results. I'll try to post back here if I hear anything. Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

Reactions: 1 user
Something similar did happen to me by email, I responded and then about 4 months later I finalllly got a secondary from them. But I already had acceptances at that point.