Add program after letter of recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmae1126

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question,

2 of my recommenders already completed their LOR's for SOPHAS, but I last minute decided that I wanted to apply to a different school and withdraw my application to another. Is it possible that I can do that? Or should I tell my recommenders to write me another letter for the new school I want to go to?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This is as per SOPHAS:

Can I edit or delete a reference after I have e-submitted my application?
You are able to delete a Reference listing as long as the recommendation is not yet marked as “Completed” on your References page. You cannot edit a Reference listing directly, but you may delete the listing and re-enter it with the correct information, as long as the letter is not yet completed.

I would, however, ask my recommenders to write a new letter if they used the previous school's name/department in the original letter. Hope this helps!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that LORS were not school specific, and that they are visible to all of the schools you designate, even when submitting more designations later on. At least, that is how it was when I applied for the Fall 2015 cycle. So, do you actually need to change your LORs in this case? Just curious.

Reactions: 1 user