Adding "And Lab" to Secondary Application Course Information?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DielsAlder

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I could not find any old threads about this. On the AMCAS, we were able to add "and Lab" if the lab is integrated with the lecture, although it does not appear on the name of the transcript. Most of my prereqs include "and Lab" in the course name on the transcript anyway, but my bio prereq is just listed as "Intro to Bio".

Can I add "and Lab" to my intro to bio course as I was allowed to do on the AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

According to page 40 of the AMCAS instruction manual:

Enter designations for all of your lab coursework exactly as they appear on the official transcript. If the lab credit is included with the lecture course credit, append the phrase "and Lab" to the exact course title as it appears on the official transcript. For example, if "General Chemistry II" appears on the official transcript and lab credit is included with the lecture course credit, enter "General Chemistry II and Lab" and select "Combined Lecture and Lab" in response to the question, "Did this course include a lab section?"

So to answer your question, yes, that should be okay. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users