Adding more prelims in ERAS now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pietachok

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm growing concerned that I'm not getting enough prelim interviews. Is there any point in adding more programs to my ERAS at this point in the cycle, or will I be throwing away my application fee?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same position. I went ahead and added a few more programs last week. I figured the amount of money (saw it as an investment) was worth it, even if adding programs this late in the game. I am hopeful that I will get more interviews soon (fingers crossed!!).

I did that and emailed them to have to notice them, and one replied already.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's fantastic news! If you don't mind me asking, what did write in your e-mail? I'm debating if I should do the same.

That's fantastic news! If you don't mind me asking, what did write in your e-mail? I'm debating if I should do the same.

I basically expressed my interest in their program and indicated that I received an interview for my specialty in their city and it is a top city for me and I want to do my prelim and residency in the same city.
Honestly, I think you lose nothing by sending them an email. It's late in the game so they can notice you and look you up from the email, or worst case scenario they would just ignore it.

just responding to my own post for the sake of anybody who searches for this question in the future:
I added a bunch of programs mid November, and it was 100% worth it -- I probably got 10 more interview invitations out of ~20 apps, as opposed to the 3 I got with my initial batch of 20.

Reactions: 1 users