Adding More Schools at this Point (AMCAS)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhlehgusl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Assuming you have extra cash, you've already applied to 32, just go for it. You'll never have to ask "what if".

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably but who cares. You are overestimating the extent to which adcoms care. They know you are applying to your preferences first. They arent going to reject you simply because you applied a month after your primary was verified. Just send the app, whatever happens happens.

I guess my question is: would the schools know when my primary was verified?

You're over-thinking this. They receive thousands of applications and won't look at yours until they receive it. They may note the timing between primary and secondary at their school as some indicator of interest (IMO unlikely), but why oh why would they bother to check your initial AMCAS date?

30 schools is already more than enough. But obviously you don't mind spending the $ and time writing essays. Might as well throw on a few more if you could see yourself going there.

You've spent over a grand in primary app's. What's $37 more at this point ha. Applying to over 30 schools is definitely not the standard, no matter what state you live in. The average among applicants is actually around 15.

To answer your main question: no school will care or notice when you submitted your primary vs. when you added that school.

For example: I submitted my primary on 6/01 last year, was verified on like 6/15, and I added Duke on 9/17 and I was accepted there. They really don't care.

Good luck! :)