Adding programs and boardscore retransmission???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that according to ERAS you must request retransmission (assuming you didn't request automatic retransmission) of your boardscores if you want an updated transcript sent after application. However, I'm a DO student and I noticed that when I applied to DO programs in early August my COMLEX transcript was sent, and then when I applied to allopathic programs this month it appears it was sent again to those DO programs I already applied to (listed again with the newer date in ADTS - or in the case of programs that hadn't downloaded yet, "replaced by newer file before retrieved). My question is: Every time I apply to another program or group of programs is an updated boardscore transcript (both USMLE and COMLEX) sent to all previously applied to programs even without a request for retransmission. It certainly appears this is the case for COMLEX scores at least. Can anyone confirm? Previously my score transcript hadn't changed so it didn't matter, but my Level 2 scores are now out. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that according to ERAS you must request retransmission (assuming you didn't request automatic retransmission) of your boardscores if you want an updated transcript sent after application. However, I'm a DO student and I noticed that when I applied to DO programs in early August my COMLEX transcript was sent, and then when I applied to allopathic programs this month it appears it was sent again to those DO programs I already applied to (listed again with the newer date in ADTS - or in the case of programs that hadn't downloaded yet, "replaced by newer file before retrieved). My question is: Every time I apply to another program or group of programs is an updated boardscore transcript (both USMLE and COMLEX) sent to all previously applied to programs even without a request for retransmission. It certainly appears this is the case for COMLEX scores at least. Can anyone confirm? Previously my score transcript hadn't changed so it didn't matter, but my Level 2 scores are now out. Thanks!

I had to request for my COMLEX transcript to be updated to add the Step II score. Once I did this, I did get the same message "replaced by newer file before retrieved" for those programs that had not yet retrieved my application. I do not know why you are getting this message, however, if you never requested a new COMLEX transcript...