Adding to school list this late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RogueBanana

ヽ(´ー`)ノ
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just hoping to get some opinions on the following matter;

My pre-medical advisor helped me pick a list of schools to apply to over the summer. I applied early, and most of my secondaries were completed by mid july. Today, I used @WedgeDawg 's applicant rating system and was given a grade B (maybe a low A depending how some things are graded)

The problem is I applied to mostly group 4-7 schools per my advisors advice. Which goes against Wedgedawg's recommendations for my grade.

My current school list:

Albany, Einstein, Boston, Colombia, Drexel, Dartmouth, GW, GT, Hofstra, Temple, NYMC, Penn, Quinnipiac, TJ, UVM, Tufts, Tulane, UCONN, Rochester, Brown & Yale

Unfortunately, according to wedgedawg's metrics, ~10 of these schools are low yield. Should I add more of the mid/upper tier schools? Is it too late for those apps to have a chance?

I was thinking I would add Pitt, Vanderbilt, Mayo & maybe Northwestern/Case.

Members don't see this ad.

Complete this week would only be a couple weeks after normal timing (the usual advice is to try and hit complete in the first week of Sept). So if you'll be able to power through secondaries, it's not too late !

Hey All,

Just hoping to get some opinions on the following matter;

My pre-medical advisor helped me pick a list of schools to apply to over the summer. I applied early, and most of my secondaries were completed by mid july. Today, I used @WedgeDawg 's applicant rating system and was given a grade B (maybe a low A depending how some things are graded)

The problem is I applied to mostly group 4-7 schools per my advisors advice. Which goes against Wedgedawg's recommendations for my grade.

My current school list:

Albany, Einstein, Boston, Colombia, Drexel, Dartmouth, GW, GT, Hofstra, Temple, NYMC, Penn, Quinnipiac, TJ, UVM, Tufts, Tulane, UCONN, Rochester, Brown & Yale

Unfortunately, according to wedgedawg's metrics, ~10 of these schools are low yield. Should I add more of the mid/upper tier schools? Is it too late for those apps to have a chance?

I was thinking I would add Pitt, Vanderbilt, Mayo & maybe Northwestern/Case.
Don't let your dream be dreams.