Additional resources for gait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markelmarcel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We just hit gait (why not cram one of the most important topics into 2 classes before finals?!) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any online resources (YouTube videos, etc) that may help me to reinforce all of the steps (no pun intended) involved. Our professor taught it in a (what I feel like) confusing way and I'm just hoping maybe for a backup resource or two to consult as we delve in further past normal gait to abnormal issues.

Members don't see this ad.

Rancho Los Amigos Gait book is all you should need. Gold standard from Dr. Perry and super easy to follow. Worth the money to buy, and probably pretty cheap.

I agree. Ranchos Los Amigos is the best. Heck, I still use it everyday in my SNF. As far as overall PT references go, rehabstudents.com is great for students. I think they stopped updating last year once they graduated, but they still have a lot of great stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great that Perry has a whole book! I may pick it up! We did learn both the "old" way and Rachos Los Amigos. Thanks for the heads up :) (also, after a second day it's making a little more sense and we have one more "intro" lab and then next semester we will prob hit it hard with all our dysfunction topics). Thanks again!!

Yup, Observational Gait Analysis form Rancho Los Amigos. Other than that, practice the steps on yourself.

Yup, Observational Gait Analysis form Rancho Los Amigos. Other than that, practice the steps on yourself.

I'm really surprised that this wasn't a required text for us... maybe it's because they crammed it into 2 classes instead of more of the course! ;) (I have a feeling we are just learning the basics now to apply for our course next semester, but still... sometimes I wonder!)

I'm really surprised that this wasn't a required text for us... maybe it's because they crammed it into 2 classes instead of more of the course! ;) (I have a feeling we are just learning the basics now to apply for our course next semester, but still... sometimes I wonder!)

We were assigned the book, but it's also crammed into two lecture! Our first was on normal gait, and this coming lecture will be on pathological gait. I'm just glad we have SLL at school to practice.