ADEX/CDCA Restorative Portion - CompeDont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Persephone11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which teeth will need to be prepared and restored for the 2021 restorative portion of ADEX CDCA?
In 2020, it was 8M and 30M, as stated in their COVID-19 update and manual. The 2021 manual does not give any info on teeth or surfaces for the Compedont.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know which teeth will need to be prepared and restored for the 2021 restorative portion of ADEX CDCA?
In 2020, it was 8M and 30M, as stated in their COVID-19 update and manual. The 2021 manual does not give any info on teeth or surfaces for the Compedont.
Hey, it is probably the same as last year or perhaps it will be like WREB.(#9 & 19 I think). Obviously they would not be slot preps if caries extends farther into the axial but if it gets to be too deep ask for a modification before you extend past the recommended dimensions in the ADEX candidate guide.

Keep in mind that those compedont teeth are sort of brittle so don’t prep like a cowboy 😂 because it could fracture.

When I took it last year, if that happens, just let the floor examiner know and they will change it out- but you may lose time if they keep the clock ticking.

# 2. Make sure your contacts are tight bc the examiners use a light to trans illuminate it to see if it is too light.

Good luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, it is probably the same as last year or perhaps it will be like WREB.(#9 & 19 I think). Obviously they would not be slot preps if caries extends farther into the axial but if it gets to be too deep ask for a modification before you extend past the recommended dimensions in the ADEX candidate guide.

Keep in mind that those compedont teeth are sort of brittle so don’t prep like a cowboy 😂 because it could fracture.

When I took it last year, if that happens, just let the floor examiner know and they will change it out- but you may lose time if they keep the clock ticking.

# 2. Make sure your contacts are tight bc the examiners use a light to trans illuminate it to see if it is too light.

Good luck to you!!
I took it and it was fractured, but they did not changed to me , so i failed in both restorative parts

Reactions: 1 user