Adler School vs. Chicago School for Counseling-Please help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

~Rana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to the M.A Counseling program at both Adler School of Professional Psychology (Chicago Campus) and also at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. I am having the most difficult time finding information on comparing the two schools online and I am having trouble deciding. I would appreciate your input on the pros and cons of each school because I do need to decide soon. Here is a quick look at my current situation:

Adler: Offered me a $5000 scholarship for the first year. Does not have a child and adolescent concentration which is what I want to do, but I can always do my practicum with children which should be more than sufficient.

CSPP: Will not have info on scholarships before the date I need to decide (because of Adler's deadline). But it does have a child and adolescent concentration.

I want to know which is stronger academically and will prepare me better for the license exam. Please provide detailed pros and cons.

Finally, should I expect around the same dollar amount in financial aid from both schools since it's all based on my same financial situation or does each school afford to give different offerings depending on THEIR situation and what they can offer?

Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd personally worry less about the licensing exam and more about which program will take you further towards getting a job that you will need to pay off moutains of student debt you'll incur at either of those programs. You might be able to call up CSPP and see what type of scholarships they even offer in a best case scenario, if you don't have this info already.