admission for UT AUSTIn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glitterstar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been waiting for the admissions at UT AUSTIN to call me for an interview. I am just soo lost right now. I finished my application on Feb 1st, both the undergrad and the pharmacy school application. As I see right now, they did recieve my transcripts at the main admissions, but the pharmacy school, my status shows nothing received. It has been 2 weeks now, and I feel so upset that I was not invited for an interview for Feb 17th although I wanted to be considered for an early admission deadline. Can anyone explain me how the process works over there?
Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

glitterstar said:
Hi guys,
I have been waiting for the admissions at UT AUSTIN to call me for an interview. I am just soo lost right now. I finished my application on Feb 1st, both the undergrad and the pharmacy school application. As I see right now, they did recieve my transcripts at the main admissions, but the pharmacy school, my status shows nothing received. It has been 2 weeks now, and I feel so upset that I was not invited for an interview for Feb 17th although I wanted to be considered for an early admission deadline. Can anyone explain me how the process works over there?
Thanks,

i takes about 2-3 weeks for the main office to review you and send your stuff to COP. i had my transcripts in on 1/9 (everything else was in by november) and they didnt get it til 2/3. just be patient. to be early admissions i think that you have to be pretty early.

thanks dana,
wish they had mentioned that for early admissions! Hopefully I get an interview! Congrats on getting accepted at Univ of Houston! Good Luck! I did not have enough time to submit my applications early! I feel really bad now with a 3.8 gpa and a 85 composite PCAT, i could have increased my chances of acceptance. I was trying to concentrate on texas tech and my interview did not go well! anywayz, my luck!

thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
glitterstar said:
thanks dana,
wish they had mentioned that for early admissions! Hopefully I get an interview! Congrats on getting accepted at Univ of Houston! Good Luck! I did not have enough time to submit my applications early! I feel really bad now with a 3.8 gpa and a 85 composite PCAT, i could have increased my chances of acceptance. I was trying to concentrate on texas tech and my interview did not go well! anywayz, my luck!

thanks again.

Glitterstar,

UT does take a while to get your apps completed. I sent all my stuff, both to UT COP and Main by mid-december, but my transcript didnt get to UT COP until like mid-January.

You do have good scores, and I'm pretty sure you are a good candidate and should be hearing from UT soon.

And for Tech, since you are an early applicant --- you do have a really good chance of getting in. So dont give up yet!!!

Good Luck.

glitterstar said:
thanks dana,

thanks again.

I am in the same boat glitterstar. They have had my transcripts for over 3 weeks and still have not sent it to the school of pharmacy!!! If you do not mind me asking what happened with your Tech interview. It does seem like a long day for the interview process.

Are there only two dates for early admission?????

glitterstar
Did they receive your application etc by the first? I think they had to have everything in by the first ---not postmarked??? It takes 2 weeks for them to post anything and then a month for the transcripts to get to the pharmacy school.

Louise Hall said:
glitterstar
Did they receive your application etc by the first? I think they had to have everything in by the first ---not postmarked??? It takes 2 weeks for them to post anything and then a month for the transcripts to get to the pharmacy school.

Hi louise hall,
I sent them my application by Jan 31st, fedex'ed. So they did receive on Feb 1st. My transcripts I started sending them in december. I dont understand one thing, the main office says, that they have received all my transcripts and other information. online status shows that one of the transcripts have not been received, and I called them and they said that online system wont show that they have received, but they have received all my transcripts.

Now, college of pharmacy shows, status- not recieved anything, and I submitted my application on Jan 31st.

So I really dont know what is going on.

Thanks again for your concern!

Hi Louise Hall,
The interview at texas tech was alright! But for me it was not a great experience! I was expecting a real friendly atmosphere, but my faculty interview was not that great! Also, remember take a good night's sleep, since it is a long interview. I was drained out by 1 pm when my actual interview came along.

Well, all i can say is there is no real preparation , u have to be yourself and trust yourself to do good!

glitterstar said:
Hi Louise Hall,
The interview at texas tech was alright! But for me it was not a great experience! I was expecting a real friendly atmosphere, but my faculty interview was not that great! Also, remember take a good night's sleep, since it is a long interview. I was drained out by 1 pm when my actual interview came along.

Well, all i can say is there is no real preparation , u have to be yourself and trust yourself to do good!

thanks glitterstar. My interview is tomorrrow. I am worried about the group thing. I have to be myself because I am not by nature bossy and I do not know if that is what they are looking for. Did anyone in your group seem bossy?

heyy
guys don't worry!! i know it's hard but really. ut is a big school with lots of applicants and they have a later application process in the first place. i hand delivered my documents to the admissions office jan 10ish and I did not receive a completed application email until the end of jan.
as for tech. don't worry about the group exercsie either. i found the situation very relaxed and louise hall, they warn you not to be bossy but also to not sit in the corner and do nothing either. the school is very group oriented and they want to see team work. i think i didn't do well in my group because i felt i was answering a lot of the questions and stuff. i thought about it afterwards and realized this though during the presentation and i didn't even think about it. just be concious of what you're doing and let all team members answer questions and stuff.

good luck you guys and don't worry!!

Vicky's right, the group thing was pretty low stress as far as interacting with the other applicants. The exercise is designed so that no single person can say, "This is how it's going to be." It was a little stressful for our group because they give you only a short time to figure out what you want to say. I guess they make it that way because they want to see how you talk off the top of your head. Best bet is to take everybody else's advice, relax, and just let Louise Hall be Louise Hall. If that is your name, I mean. :)