Admission Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nypride

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the admission process seem skewed. I've been rejected from Long Island University and New York Medical College, but was accepted into NYU. Still blows my mind.

Members don't see this ad.

It may be due to a number of factors: how many people applied to each school, how many each school accepts, etc.

Well, take it as a blessing as NYU's program is very strong. NYU's gain and the others lost. I think the process is subjective to the admissions committee. They only know what they are looking for and we can only hope to get in. Most schools only have 25-30 seats, so it makes it quite difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks ptdpt, I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of other school's. Goodluck to you

This is all speculation...as I have no insight on these schools but am going off of rumors I heard, but it could be true. Some schools that are not ranked may flat out reject applicants that they know are only applying as a "Safety school"....e.g. I know several people who were offered admission to NU and UIC, but rejected to Rosalind Franklin and Midwestern w/o an interview. I can't foresee someone being qualified to attend Northwestern or UIC, but not be qualified for RF or MW. Unless, of course, there's some random class requirement they have that the others don't, but I don't think that's the case. Sometimes I think schools just don't waste time accepting people they know won't actually attend to make the admissions process easier.

But of course, this is speculation. I am not affiliated with admissions at any PT institution, but this is a theory I've heard floating around these forums and in real life from other students.