Admissions Committee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentGuy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many schools have an admissions committee that also comprises of students. I know MCG does this, but what about other schools? Also, how much "power" do these students have?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but, why does this matter? I am just curious... what's the difference?!

I was just wondering how many schools have an admissions committee that also comprises of students. I know MCG does this, but what about other schools? Also, how much "power" do these students have?

It is hard to imagine that DSI or DSIV students that are part of the "admissions committee" have any "power" on decisions other than submit their impressions of the interviewee.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they are on the committee at houston...I vaguely remember them mentioning it.

YES for some schools -

WVU - during my interview we had lunch w/ 2 D4 students...later we found out during the main presentation that they DO sit on the committee and DO have a say in things, so make sure if you have lunch w/ current students to be friendly, ask questions, and don't let your guard down (etiquette, language, etc)!

OSU - you're interviewed by a current student and professor - don't know if they actually sit on the committee but they do have to report back to them so they have some sway there..

..that's all i know