Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docveda

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-

I hope everyone with the interview and admissions process is having fun filling out all the apps and preparing for interviews. I finished my application 2-3 weeks back and all the required stuff has been sent. Now its wait and watch. I have heard many people say that your chances are increased of you call the school up and talk to the dean or act like you are interested in going to that school. Is that true? Would it be a good idea to call the schools up and let them know that you are interested in that school or would it make minute difference. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

docveda said:
Hey guys-

I hope everyone with the interview and admissions process is having fun filling out all the apps and preparing for interviews. I finished my application 2-3 weeks back and all the required stuff has been sent. Now its wait and watch. I have heard many people say that your chances are increased of you call the school up and talk to the dean or act like you are interested in going to that school. Is that true? Would it be a good idea to call the schools up and let them know that you are interested in that school or would it make minute difference. Thanks.

I think at this point you should hang back and relax. I called a few schools early on to confirm my app was complete and I just called a couple yesterday to do the same. Early on they were very nice...yesterday they were tired and angry and wouldn't even look up the app to see if it's complete. So, I'd leave them alone because they are getting slammed right now.