Army ADT Away Hotel Reservations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigTexDoc911

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have specific questions about housing during ADT Away rotations. The info letter I received said that I am "authorized to stay at the local hotel of your choice." However what does this really mean? Do I need to stay at a Motel 6 or can I pick the Marriott?

What is the maximum reimbursable amount for the length of time we will be at the site?

Also when is the amount that we pay upfront for the hotel reimbursed to us?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You would have to look up the local per diem rates and you are correct you can stay at any location of your choice but if it exceeds the per diem then you owe the difference

Thanks for the reply Slevin. So if I don't exceed the per diem, is the unused difference given back to me or is it returned to the Army?

Thanks for the reply Slevin. So if I don't exceed the per diem, is the unused difference given back to me or is it returned to the Army?

You don't get the difference (unfortunately). You do get the full amount for meals and incidentals though, so if you eat frugally you can sometimes have some of that left over.