Advancing Non-Opioid Solutions for Non-Surgical Refractory Low Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Nevro gets FDA nod for expanded labeling of SCS system for back pain

Nevro (NYSE:NVRO) received FDA approval for expanded labeling for its Senza Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) system to treat Non-Surgical Refractory Back Pain
(NSRBP).

The company said the approval is specific to Nevro's proprietary 10 kHz Therapy and differentiates Nevro's Senza System as the only SCS system with specific labeling to treat NSRBP patients.

The company noted that the SENZA-NSRBP study participants receiving 10 kHz Therapy showed improvements in pain relief, function, quality of life, awareness of positive change and reduction in daily opioid use versus Conventional Medical Management (CMM) at 12-months post-implant.
Results also included comparable improvements for patients that crossed over from CMM to 10 kHz after six months.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Next up: approval for boo boos and ouchies

Reactions: 3 users
Makes sense to me. Why would SCS work in failed back surgery syndrome with predominantly axial back pain but not work for non surgical refractory back pain.

Reactions: 1 users
Next up: approval for boo boos and ouchies

Boo Boo qualifies as causalgia since does not need to meet Budapest criteria. You can get DRG stim approved.

• Haha
Boo Boo qualifies as causalgia since does not need to meet Budapest criteria. You can get DRG stim approved.
Waah? Since when causalgia does not need to meet Budapest?

Waah? Since when causalgia does not need to meet Budapest?

Without naming any names, medical personnel (not sales) at Abbott very confidently stated that to me on two occasions when I asked how I am expected to get DRG stim approved for post surgical pain absent the typical signs of CRPS.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe Budapest criteria was developed for CRPS 1. Whether you want to call post TKA pain on a relatively normal appearing knee CRPS 2 is up to you and your local DRG rep...

Does this make anyone else nervous when thinking about Nevro? Could they go the way of Nuvectra? I've been a bit more reluctant putting them in vs other companies on the chance they go to zero and all my patients with their systems are screwed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122-085339_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220122-085339_Chrome.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Hmm
With those numbers, it seems like a no brainer for nearly everyone. What am I missing? Even if you get to the deductible plus the monthly cost of your plan you are still equal to the yearly cost of the decent insurance. Who really benefits with the decent Does this make anyone else nervous when thinking about Nevro? Could they go the way of Nuvectra? I've been a bit more reluctant putting them in vs other companies on the chance they go to zero and all my patients with their systems are screwed.

Battery swap to ABT at physician owned HOPD. 4D chess.

Does this make anyone else nervous when thinking about Nevro? Could they go the way of Nuvectra? I've been a bit more reluctant putting them in vs other companies on the chance they go to zero and all my patients with their systems are screwed.
They are investing heavily into the DPN market. It has huge potential and separates them from the rest. United is on board. Won't be hard to convince docs who are stim-happy.

They are investing heavily into the DPN market. It has huge potential and separates them from the rest. United is on board. Won't be hard to convince docs who are stim-happy.

Good time to be an endocrinologist. Lots of stim happy docs buying you lunch and dinner. Just like being a podiatrist when DRG hit the market.

Good time to be an endocrinologist. Lots of stim happy docs buying you lunch and dinner. Just like being a podiatrist when DRG hit the market.
Podiatrists are feeling the love this time around too. They see tons of DPN, diabetics with foot ulcers, etc.

The indication for dpn is tough as a lot of these patients are vasculopaths (can’t hold anticoagulant) or blood sugars > 200..wouldn’t do a trial in either .

NVRO has not done well in individual stock - as I've personally found out from last year investments.
We're conducting similar trials for boston scientific at our hospital so I'm sure more studies are coming up proving pain relief for NSRBP
That's why i'm NOW putting all my money in GameStop and BTC

I wish Nevro was a non-recharchable - guess technology is not there yet. Good system but some of these old gomers I have do not understand/can't figure out charging despite numerous teaching sessions so it essentially becomes useless.

Without naming any names, medical personnel (not sales) at Abbott very confidently stated that to me on two occasions when I asked how I am expected to get DRG stim approved for post surgical pain absent the typical signs of CRPS.
By far the biggest turnoff of the DRG training was the way they actively encouraged us to mislabel things as CPRS so it could get approved. The question I have is: since there's not a separate CPT for DRG, why do you have to use CRPS codes? How do they distinguish one 63650x2 from another?