Advice for radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScarletKnights

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I just got my comlex score back and got a 611. I want to go into osteopathic radiology and have been doing some research on the topic but was hoping I could get some advice for my situation. I've read some of the older threads but I'm looking for some specific things here.

I know everyone says audition rotations are key, but unfortunately my school doesn't really give us the freedom to schedule our rotations. I'm under a very strict schedule and only have about 2 electives during audition season. Any advice on how to overcome a lack of auditions when matching in a competitive speciality? I really want to stay in the Northeast so programs like Brookhaven in Long Island and MHMC in New Jersey are my top choices. I'm open to going anywhere if needed though.

Any advice about radiology in general? I think my comlex score puts me at the average for applicants, but I know thats only a small part of an osteopathic applicant. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, so I just got my comlex score back and got a 611. I want to go into osteopathic radiology and have been doing some research on the topic but was hoping I could get some advice for my situation. I've read some of the older threads but I'm looking for some specific things here.

I know everyone says audition rotations are key, but unfortunately my school doesn't really give us the freedom to schedule our rotations. I'm under a very strict schedule and only have about 2 electives during audition season. Any advice on how to overcome a lack of auditions when matching in a competitive speciality? I really want to stay in the Northeast so programs like Brookhaven in Long Island and MHMC in New Jersey are my top choices. I'm open to going anywhere if needed though.

Any advice about radiology in general? I think my comlex score puts me at the average for applicants, but I know thats only a small part of an osteopathic applicant. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot provide good advice but you should probably have posted this in the residency forums under radiology

this does not sound right. how sure are you about your school's policy?

if the above is true, buckle down and make your auditions count. does your school have any rads residencies affiliated with it? i would rotate at those hospitals.

does your base hospital have a radiology residency? if so, rub elbows with the PD and spend as much time with the residents as you can.

is there a hospital nearby with an AOA radiology residency? see if your school will let you do one of your core rotations there and rub elbows with the rads team.

where there is will there is a way.

Yes, unfortunately my school makes us adhere to their schedule. So during audition season I will be wasting my time doing a rural/underserved and primary care selective. I go to LECOM for those that are wondering.