Advice needed regarding Interviews, pleeease

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorgirl88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is the pickle I am in. I have my interview at a Florida school coming up on a Tuesday (I am a Florida resident), this is my top school. However, I had already set up an interview with NY school for a Monday (the day before). This would mean I would have to be in NY Monday morning for my interview and then in Florida Tuesday morning for the 2nd interview. There are flights that would have me back to FL the night before by midnight. I'd like to attend both but I am advised otherwise.. I certainly don't want to jeopardize my interview with my top school but I hate to cancel because the NY school I am also very interested in. What would you guys do? Go for both? Cancel one? Any input is appreciated.....

Members don't see this ad.

Go for both, as long as you get your sleep and traveling isn't an issue, why not

And BTW, the NY cannot reschedule... I've asked. I either keep it or cancel, and I def. do not want to reschedule my top school interview for later date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats what I was originally thinking, but then my mentor told me that he wouldn't do it because you never know what could happen at the airport. But hey why not be adventurous right? thanks for input @bostonite

Reactions: 1 user
Why not reschedule the top school for a later date? If done in advance I don't think it would reflect negatively on your application. As long as they still have dates available in October and early November it won't put you at a disadvantage. If you were to miss your flight or have it delayed you would be in quite a jam.

I did Pitt/NYU consecutively. However, NYU is lower priority on my list, so I was okay with getting to my hotel after 11pm the night prior (which was actually 1am my time). Adrenaline (and caffeine) get you through it. You are also done quite early at NYU (1pm). The most important part - the interview itself, is first item on the schedule. You could leave without lunch if it helps to catch an earlier flight, or even leave early from the tour, without it reflecting poorly on the admissions committee (It is a busy place, with no continuity of which staff oversee your day).

Last edited: