Advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ECDA13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I took the test today and Bombed it HORRIBLLY. I would say my anxiety played a HUGE part in in but the testing center also made it worst. ok here is my story...
I started studying in the middle of February. I started with Ari's schedule for the DAT then after reviewing I started practicing on my own and did 2 tests for bootcamp. Two weeks before the exam I knew I wasn't ready. I was still getting low scores on Bootcamp but I didn't want to postpone because I wanted to see how it was and see were I was at. I went into the testing center today (7:30 am) and my test was suppose to start at 8. The lady that was checking us in was having technical difficulties and I wasn't able to start until 9:30 am (I had 2 hrs to dwell in my anxiety) When I started everything was fine until I hit Ochem. I was reading a problem and when I was going to put in the answer the computer would not let me insert my answer. It froze on me but yet my time was running. I raised my hand the lady came in and she told me to mark the question and move on to see if the other one would show up which I did and I could see the other question. I was able to do about three problems before it froze again and my time was still running. I raised my hand AGAIN (Granted I was about to have a panic attack because all of this was happening) and they shut down my computer and restarted it and I started where I had stopped. Everything was fine but when I went to my marked question it already had an answer in (Not the answer I had chosen) by this time I was frustrated anxious and ready to get out because I knew I had ruined this section because of everything. Also I noticed a time lag between each section which I dont know if its normal..Needless to say everything else went down hill and now I have a 15AA :( I know that's horrible and I'm mad at myself because I feel like everything I had done was a waste.

My questions are:
>Will the polymetric center help in anyway for the technical glitches that happened?
> What can I do to prepare myself better?
>Will it be too late to turn my applications in later since the next time I can take it is 3 months from now :/
*****Any Advise would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

That's really unfortunate that you had technical problems, but I seriously doubt there will be any sort of adjustments made because the computer was laggy.

You admitted yourself that you knew you weren't ready, and that lack of preparedness manifested itself today. You should have postponed. It was not a good idea to test the waters. However, you already know all of that now- you learned a lesson and now just keep on moving towards your goal.

Reschedule for the beginning of September and use these next three months to focus on all of your weak areas. If you do well, the fact that you are applying kind of late shouldn't hurt you too much (granted the rest of your application is solid).

SDN has many great resources to lead your studies in the right direction.

I would e-mail [email protected] or call ADA and explain your situation. I'm not sure how accommodating they are, but I've heard sometimes they revoke your current scores and let you retake in 3 months. I would still apply early and just mark on your application that you are retaking. Good luck!

It's okay man, stuff like that happens. Just start preparing and take it again in three months. That very similar situation happened to me and I got a very similar score. don't sweat it.

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the advise. I do plan on retaking it in three months no matter what. THANKS!!