Advice Needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

safthegiraffe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was a senior in high school, I decided to take a college algebra course at my local community college. Unfortunately, I got sick with tonsillitis and missed the final due to being contagious. I received a 'D' in the class and I know veterinary schools want transcripts from everywhere you have taken classes (I have taken other summer classes there as well). I took Calculus 1 last semester and received a B in the class, so could this affect an admissions decision? Should I say somewhere my reason for getting a 'D'? Also, I went back to the community college and had it marked as an academic renewal class so it doesn't affect the GPA there. Help!

Members don't see this ad.

When I was a senior in high school, I decided to take a college algebra course at my local community college. Unfortunately, I got sick with tonsillitis and missed the final due to being contagious. I received a 'D' in the class and I know veterinary schools want transcripts from everywhere you have taken classes (I have taken other summer classes there as well). I took Calculus 1 last semester and received a B in the class, so could this affect an admissions decision? Should I say somewhere my reason for getting a 'D'? Also, I went back to the community college and had it marked as an academic renewal class so it doesn't affect the GPA there. Help!
They'll factor it in, but it probably won't count for much. Depends on what your GPA is. You can explain it if you want to, but I don't think I would. There is a search bar in the upper right hand corner. Many questions have been asked similar to this, and you can read through those threads as well.