Advice On Appplying For Pgy-2 Neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halifax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Here's my current situation, am currently doing a prelimnary internal medicine PGY-1 and don't have a PGY-2 Neurology starting in July 2008. My question is will there be any slots for PGY-2 Neurology in the forth coming ERAS, ie., neuro 1st year starting in 2008 for me to apply?

I do remember seeing there is both categorical and advanced slots in a few programs, what do they mean? Your inputs will be much appreciated,cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Try this out if you have no other resources...I am not sure how accurate it is...While searching in Freida, I noticed that one of the questions there were accepting applications for 2008-2009? yes/no... You can write or inquire directly to the programs that say yes...Good luck...

I think you want to go outside the match. Categorical means four years starting next year. Advanced means three years starting in 2 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know of any pgy2 openings for the upcoming year?

Hi there,
I am going to be applying for 2008 match. I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share some answers. I wanted to know which program is better to apply for , prelim, transitional, or categorical. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each program? Also, what should i look in to as far as programs go?Do i apply for prelim, trans, or categorical at the same time as i apply to neuro programs? I wanted to know if anyone has any insight as far as the lifestyle and career paths in neurology?
:confused:
thanks so much
i appreciate it!