Advice on dat! should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desaic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did my DAT 2 days ago
PAT - 19
Quantitative Reasoning - 17
Reading Comprehension - 21
Biology - 21
General Chemistry - 21
Organic Chemistry - 16
TS - 19
AA - 19

I know my Organic is low. This mark really surprised me as on Bootcamp the lowest I had gotten was 18 and everyone claims bootcamp is a bit harder. I was also surprised at PAT because every bootcamp PAT exam I always got 20+. Is my organic going to really hurt me? I want to re-do but since I just gave my DAT, I can't give another one until September and I really want to apply this year. Any advice would be appreciated! Should I apply now as first batch and give exam again in September?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your oGPA and sGPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
You should proceed to apply and retake the DAT where possible.

Only because some schools have 17 cutoffs. I would consider it best to call around to your schools of interest as they can give a better answer than any of us. :) Your PAT wasn't bad by the way, but that is bizarre because Bootcamp's PAT is typically much harder. I would proceed with your application though but definitely be prepared to retake just in case.

I took my DAT twice and the PAT was excruciatingly harder the second time, leaving me with the same score in that category, so I'm almost wondering if they're stepping it up in that section or it's just the result of the random system.

Only because some schools have 17 cutoffs. I would consider it best to call around to your schools of interest as they can give a better answer than any of us. :) Your PAT wasn't bad by the way, but that is bizarre because Bootcamp's PAT is typically much harder. I would proceed with your application though but definitely be prepared to retake just in case.

I took my DAT twice and the PAT was excruciatingly harder the second time, leaving me with the same score in that category, so I'm almost wondering if they're stepping it up in that section or it's just the result of the random system.
I think it's scaled, but I could be wrong. If the PAT was crazy harder the second time, you would expect to get a worse score, right? But since you stayed the same, then the other test takers are likely on part with you.
My second time taking the exam, PAT actually WAS harder as well. Those keyholes were out of control...

I think it's scaled, but I could be wrong. If the PAT was crazy harder the second time, you would expect to get a worse score, right? But since you stayed the same, then the other test takers are likely on part with you.
My second time taking the exam, PAT actually WAS harder as well. Those keyholes were out of

Well, I studied much harder for PAT the second time, and DAT Genius predicted me at 19 to 20. For most sections, my score was 2 or 3 points higher than the Genius prediction, and as the poster said, practice PAT truly should be much harder. So I was just really sad to stay at an 18. Lol.

But you're right about the scale thing. And truthfully, I never finish. I have to skip top front end by clicking C for everything so I can get my points with cube counting and pattern folding. My angle ranking and cube counting defintely were much harder the second time, but I can't complain about keyholes because I only got like one "rock" shape.

Some people just really kick butt and get like 23 to 26 on PAT. O.O

Well, I studied much harder for PAT the second time, and DAT Genius predicted me at 19 to 20. For most sections, my score was 2 or 3 points higher than the Genius prediction, and as the poster said, practice PAT truly should be much harder. So I was just really sad to stay at an 18. Lol.

But you're right about the scale thing. And truthfully, I never finish. I have to skip top front end by clicking C for everything so I can get my points with cube counting and pattern folding. My angle ranking and cube counting defintely were much harder the second time, but I can't complain about keyholes because I only got like one "rock" shape.

Some people just really kick butt and get like 23 to 26 on PAT. O.O
For me, TFE just sort of "clicked" for me one day. It became one of the easier sections. AR is a crapshoot and PF I was OK at. But the KH was crazy. And my second time taking it, the HP was nuts. That was always the easiest one for me, but they did a lot of those "inside folds" and 1/3 folds. Together! I was really surprised.
OP, I agree with the other posters. Apply this year, but study your butt off! You can do it.
My first time taking it, my organic was low because I ran out of time. Start your studying from the beginning. Re-watch all of Chads videos, go through feralis notes, then destroyer, then bootcamp, then the 2009 and 2007 exams.
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
For me, TFE just sort of "clicked" for me one day. It became one of the easier sections. AR is a crapshoot and PF I was OK at. But the KH was crazy. And my second time taking it, the HP was nuts. That was always the easiest one for me, but they did a lot of those "inside folds" and 1/3 folds. Together! I was really surprised.
OP, I agree with the other posters. Apply this year, but study your butt off! You can do it.
My first time taking it, my organic was low because I ran out of time. Start your studying from the beginning. Re-watch all of Chads videos, go through feralis notes, then destroyer, then bootcamp, then the 2009 and 2007 exams.
Good luck!

What are inside folds????

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile