Advice on how I should prepare with under 18 days left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefull!!

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am scheduled to take my MCAT on 6/4, however my practice exams arent where I want them to be. Im wondering if anyone has any advice for how to maybe see a score jump by then.

My specific issues are that I will get 12-17 questions in a row correct, and then miss every question on a passage. Do y'all think I should just practice passages in the content field of where I am losing all of my points?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT success is just as much about review as practice. Take the time to really reflect on developing actionable lessons from the passages you struggled on. If you had difficulty reading the passage, why? Where? Was it missing the main idea? If so, how do you find the main idea more quickly? Was it getting overly hung up on small details? When getting questions wrong, why did you choose the answer you chose? Why didn't you choose the correct answer? Really diagnose your thought process and reasoning approach, and from that identify the concrete things you'll do differently on the next practice passage, and on the real exam.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I rarely give this advice, but you must be careful not to get over your head and potentially burn out. Take a day off listening to Queen or something, and come back.

Reactions: 1 user
Where are you at and where do you want to be? For example, If you're sitting somewhere at like 510, it's less about overhauling your plan then targeting your weaknesses and tightening up.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors