This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longlive001

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I know a ton of these exist and I truly apologize. I've read so many but I'm still stuck.

I am a recent graduate and I completed my undergrad Biology degree with a cumGPA of 2.75 and a sGPA of 2.7. Clearly my GPA is awful and I attribute it to laziness along with culture shock. I breezed through all of school abroad with As (I am an international student) then started college here and it hit really hard. Like any other college student I had other issues but I don't want to use them as a crutch.

Now I am trying to decide what is the best path to follow. I took the GRE and got a 156 Q and 154V and 4.5A.
I would be throwing away money if I applied to Dental Schools now which is why I took it. I was wondering: would it be best to apply to a Biology Masters program (Thesis or Non-thesis) or the Special Masters (like Drexel, Tulane, PCOM) that are particularly for students pursuing professional degrees afterward?

I am also currently retaking Biochem at a different institution as I got a C- in the course.
Would you also advise that I retake any prerequisite classes I got less than a C+ in concurrently with my Masters program or should I disregard them and focus on acing the Masters?

Members don't see this ad.

Do the Special Masters Program and kick ass in it. Nothing less than 1 B for every 2-3 A's. Do not retake anything unless you have A LOT of C's in your Pre-Reqs.

Reactions: 1 user