Advice on post-bacc decision - Georgetown or UPenn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neets-19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was recently admitted to the Upenn and Georgetown post-bacc programs, and I'm not sure what to do!

From my understanding, both schools are excellent, both cities will offer lots of opportunities for clinical/research engagement, and both are pretty student-driven (aka, you take the initiative and work hard and you can do well).

The one significant difference is that UPenn offers linkages - but only a handful of students might get that and I'd likely apply to medical schools anyway (I've been in CA all my life, and would love the if I could come back here for medical school) SO, I don't actually know how much I should consider that.

I've never really been to either place, so I'm not sure which environment might be more conducive to my academic success or what factors to consider? There's also an excellent likelihood that either of them would be totally fine and I should just flip a coin :) ... but either way, if anyone has had experience with either program, any thoughts you all might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I was recently admitted to the Upenn and Georgetown post-bacc programs, and I'm not sure what to do!

From my understanding, both schools are excellent, both cities will offer lots of opportunities for clinical/research engagement, and both are pretty student-driven (aka, you take the initiative and work hard and you can do well).

The one significant difference is that UPenn offers linkages - but only a handful of students might get that and I'd likely apply to medical schools anyway (I've been in CA all my life, and would love the if I could come back here for medical school) SO, I don't actually know how much I should consider that.

I've never really been to either place, so I'm not sure which environment might be more conducive to my academic success or what factors to consider? There's also an excellent likelihood that either of them would be totally fine and I should just flip a coin :) ... but either way, if anyone has had experience with either program, any thoughts you all might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)
Hi, If you decide to go with UPenn, let me know if you need a roommate. I also got accept to post-bac and looking for an apartment.