Advice on School List Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lianalily

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on the schools that I'm planning to apply to? PLease let me know if I should or remove some schools. I was leaning towards going OOS
About me: Florida Resident, Hispanic, gpa: 3.32, 150+ shadowing/ volunteer,
DAT: Bio-20
GC-20
OC- 25
Reading- 20
PAT-17
QR- 16
TS-21
AA-20

School list:
1. NYU
2. Tufts
3. Rutgers
4. Nova
5. Boston University
6. Columbia
7. UF
8. University of Maryland
9. University of Pittsburg
10. University of Pennsylvania
11. Case Western Reserve
12. Marquette University
13. Louisville

Members don't see this ad.

I'd add Meharry, maybe Howard. Overall your stats are pretty average with your GPA being low but your DAT fine. Your 16 QR might raise some flags but for Meharry and Howard you are well above average and those schools are mainly geared toward minority applicants and you are almost a sure thing to get an interview there.

I too was a FL resident last cycle that wanted to move OOS. Chose to go to UConn, which is also less expensive than UF because you get cheaper in-state tuition after one year. Your gpa is low, but it's worth a shot. Cheaper, Pass/Fail curriculum, nicer area, easier to specialize.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's a solid, realistic, list. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I am also from Florida and opted to go out of state. I applied to most of the schools you listed and I'd say you have a very realistic shot at getting into some of those schools. I wouldn't change anything if you're happy with those schools.

your school list is great, good luck!(and so is your smile;))

If you plan on going OOS then your list looks pretty good, personally I'd get rid of Louisville because I don't see any reason to live in Kentucky but that's just me. Kittenz is right about UConn, you might as well give it a shot (my #1 and we share a lot of other schools on your list as well)

Have you ever been to Louisville? It's a fantastic city and Kentucky is a beautiful state!

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on the schools that I'm planning to apply to? PLease let me know if I should or remove some schools. I was leaning towards going OOS
About me: Florida Resident, Hispanic, gpa: 3.32, 150+ shadowing/ volunteer,
DAT: Bio-20
GC-20
OC- 25
Reading- 20
PAT-17
QR- 16
TS-21
AA-20

School list:
1. NYU
2. Tufts
3. Rutgers
4. Nova
5. Boston University
6. Columbia
7. UF
8. University of Maryland
9. University of Pittsburg
10. University of Pennsylvania
11. Case Western Reserve
12. Marquette University
13. Louisville

Hi I would take out BU and add UConn

BTW, I also used to live in Hialeah. :)

If you plan on going OOS then your list looks pretty good, personally I'd get rid of Louisville because I don't see any reason to live in Kentucky but that's just me. Kittenz is right about UConn, you might as well give it a shot (my #1 and we share a lot of other schools on your list as well)

Thanks ! I'm adding UCONN to my list, it's worth a shot

Have you ever been to Louisville? It's a fantastic city and Kentucky is a beautiful state!
I've never been to Kentucky, but have heard great things about Louisville !

I'd say go for UF, I'm going there in the fall so I'm biased haha..

Kentucky is nice! And the list looks great! Very similar to mine

Great list of schools. Your test scores are a little unbalanced, but great job pulling out an amazing/respectable AA! I get that you are applying to schools in your region, but how attached to you are the idea of staying in the area? I know there are a few great schools that would fit your stats out west and in the midwest (I see you already have Marquette).

Thanks ! would you mind telling me what schools you are recommending?

Great list of schools. Your test scores are a little unbalanced, but great job pulling out an amazing/respectable AA! I get that you are applying to schools in your region, but how attached to you are the idea of staying in the area? I know there are a few great schools that would fit your stats out west and in the midwest (I see you already have Marquette).

Thanks ! would you mind telling me what schools you are recommending?