Advice on Secondaries after II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christinehiki

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Needing some advice on whether to push through and finish my last batch of secondaries.

Last year I applied to about 20 schools, received 1 II, was waitlisted and ultimately rejected.

This year, I improved my application with more clinical hours, earlier secondary turnaround, better essays, and more solid LOR's in addition to applying to more schools/more broadly.

My only II last year was in January. But this time around I'm hesitantly optimistic because I received some II for September (fingers crossed, hopefully more to come).

I know that II does not equal acceptances, but at this point I've completed my applications to my top choice schools and am feeling pretty burnt out on secondaries. Not to mention the giant hole it has dug in my wallet. Would it be worth spending the money/time to complete the rest of my secondaries (I've got 5 left out of 27)? (Maybe I'm posting here so that an SDNer can yell at me to just finish them, lol).

Members don't see this ad.

Finish them! Take like 3 days off then go back to working on them. You'll make that money back later anyhways.

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh xD I know you're right. The 3-days off thing sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do them for sure; you never know which schools will give you the invites!

Reactions: 1 users
Until you have an acceptance in hand, don't stop. Unless money is a really big issue, then maybe pick your top 3 out of the remaining 5.

Thanks for your encouragement guys. I'll get back to work... lol.