Advice on what dermatology EMR to get

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HDelVe

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone has any recommendation as to what will be a good EMR system to implement in dermatology. I am currently trying to figure out what would be best for my practice.

I attended AAD last February and was in contact with several providers, who obviously advertise their systems to be the best. However, I am trying to focus on something that is modern, simple to use and has continuous updates.

From the relatively limited research that I did so far, I came up with with some names like EZDerm, Unitech and EMA. I have read some about user experience with those in this and other forums, and even when each have have interesting features none of them are leaving me with the confidence to jump directly in.

I also noticed that there is this software called DermEngine that shows pretty often in most of my google searches.

Does anybody know DermEngine? I would really appreciate any recommendation about this or other software to apply in dermatology practices. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome!

Thanks guys = )

Members don't see this ad.

Join the board certified dermatologists on Facebook. There has been innumerable robust discussions on this topic. I’ve never heard of derm engine. EMA seems to have the dominant market share but the company is shady and the integrated practice management software seems to get mixed reviews. I’ve heard good things about ez derm but last I checked it does not integrate with a practice manager system. I would have the reps come out to your office and demo their products

Join the board certified dermatologists on Facebook. There has been innumerable robust discussions on this topic. I’ve never heard of derm engine. EMA seems to have the dominant market share but the company is shady and the integrated practice management software seems to get mixed reviews. I’ve heard good things about ez derm but last I checked it does not integrate with a practice manager system. I would have the reps come out to your office and demo their products

Hi Skindoc83,

Thanks for the reply! Interesting to know about the dermatologists Facebook page. I will take a better look at that and see what I can get from it.

Yes, that’s what I’ve seen in my experience as well, EMA seems to be a big one. What do you mean “shady” though? Any bad experiences?

I am not convinced yet about which way to go, and yes, a demo sounds like the best way to go at this point. It’s just that am looking for some suggestions to narrow my search from the myriad of options available.

If you have any other advice, I’d really appreciate!

Thanks,

EMA is not transparent with their pricing and requires a lot of haggling. I only dealt with them briefly but the stories I have heard from others have been unpalatable. Honestly the only two options I would consider are ez derm and EMA. The only thing that might give me pause over ez derm is the status of their practice management software. Next tech is cumbersome, eClinical is beyond awful, and epic is cost prohibitive while also being non derm specific.

Reactions: 1 user