Advice Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfrey28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A little backstory: graduated with my BS in Exercise Science and applied for dental school in 2012 with a 3.10 overall GPA but didn't get in. Have been attending another university doing an informal post-baccl to raise my GPA and reapply.

Recently, I have realized that my heart has never truly been in dentistry, but rather in the salary and lifestyle of being a dentist. After some deep talks with my brother who is pursuing PA school, I have realized that my heart has always been in healthcare and this seems like a great option for me.

I currently have no HCE but I have found a medical assistant program at a local CC that costs only $2100. So my plan is to enroll in this program and work as a medical assistant for a couple of years then apply for PA school. I feel comfortable having to take the GRE and feel that I will score well. I got an academic average of 21 on the DAT if that helps gauge how well I could do.

Please let know if you have any advice or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.