Advice

apple22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a few questions that I need answered,i am thinking
about going to medical school in either europe or Ross university. While I still need to take mcats. I was wonderif what score is acceptable
for these schools? I also have about a 2.8 gpa and think
am going to need more science and math for
such schools

Members don't see this ad.

Are you in high school or college? You will more than likely need to take the MCAT if you want to go to any school that's worth something. Just study hard for it and you'll be fine. Let's face it, if you can't put the time and effort into studying for one test what makes you think you have what it takes to make it through medical school?

Most schools have their pre-reqs outlined for future students to follow. Just check their websites and they should tell you all the classes/gpa/mcat scores you should shoot for to be competitive.

If you aren't a high school student, which I'm assuming you aren't, you should have posted this in the pre-med forum. Anyway, a 2.8 GPA probably won't be good enough for those programs, and you haven't taken the MCAT which is a major deciding factor.

2.8 is an OK gpa for those schools, I think.
If you're in college you'll need to take MCAT for those schools. If you're in high school I think they have 7-8 year programs for high school kids, but If I were you I wouldn't go that way. Even If you don't get accepted to any undergraduate universities there is still community colleges where you can take semester or two of classes and transfer, which is much easier than applying to colleges during high school. After going through traditional route if you still don't make it to American medical schools, then Carribean should be your last option.