Age old problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nimbus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Wow. This one will be hard to defend, in this country. It’s also very surprising to me, how much the physician told the ME.

Members don't see this ad :)
Capnography in Cardiac Arrest: No Trace = Wrong Place”.

I find the wording of that title to be a bit misleading/confusing. I mean if you have no cardiac output, you are not going to have much of a tracing for very long. Effective CPR will restore a tracing. So I went and read more about their initiative and it's basically intended for non-anesthesiologists to remind them that they need to see ETCO2 tracing to confirm intubation in the trachea.

Regarding this case, I'm mostly uncertain of the roles of the various people involved. It calls the first doctor in the room an anesthestist, but the one that later came in to help and ultimately recognized the problem a consultant anesthetist. That leads me to believe the first one was the equivalent of a resident and the attending later came in.

Reactions: 2 users
I find the wording of that title to be a bit misleading/confusing. I mean if you have no cardiac output, you are not going to have much of a tracing for very long. Effective CPR will restore a tracing. So I went and read more about their initiative and it's basically intended for non-anesthesiologists to remind them that they need to see ETCO2 tracing to confirm intubation in the trachea.

Regarding this case, I'm mostly uncertain of the roles of the various people involved. It calls the first doctor in the room an anesthestist, but the one that later came in to help and ultimately recognized the problem a consultant anesthetist. That leads me to believe the first one was the equivalent of a resident and the attending later came in.
Screenshot_20211220-073159_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20211220-073340_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

It sounds like the one who put her to sleep was a consultant and the one who came to assist was also a consultant.

Reactions: 1 user
Goosed a tube the other day in a GIII view, immediately recognized just by the feel of the bag, no increase in HR, or end tidal. This is simple stuff, poor patient.

Reactions: 1 user