Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeluveyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's how I feel right now (lol)..

the time we all been waiting for, I'm sure most of you have started your applications by now and is halfway done (lol).

But I have questions about the application where it says to list your honors/awards... can I put dean's/ president's list for academic achievement? ... I have many more questions but this is it for now.

Members don't see this ad.

the time we all been waiting for, I'm sure most of you have started your applications by now and is halfway done (lol).

But I have questions about the application where it says to list your honors/awards... can I put dean's/ president's list for academic achievement? ... I have many more questions but this is it for now.

you know there is a phone number on the OptomCAS website you could call for technical questions such as this...and I'd pick your top choice school and call their admissions for other questions.

you know there is a phone number on the OptomCAS website you could call for technical questions such as this...and I'd pick your top choice school and call their admissions for other questions.

+1:thumbup:

Because we don't know you might have follow up questions eyeluveyez as you speak to the representative of either the OptomCAS or the admission advisers.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes you can list Dean's List in that section. I think you have to specific when you received it, so you might need to list it multiple times and that's fine.

i have a similar question. is anyone listing merit-based scholarships they received during undergrad?

i have a similar question. is anyone listing merit-based scholarships they received during undergrad?

You should. There's really no set list of "This is what you can or can't list." And those are all honors that reflect your academic accomplishments. It's good to list anything and everything that shows what a great student you are, or to list things that are big accomplishments in a club or hobby (they don't have to be optometry-related - schools like diverse applicants with interesting extracurricular involvement). So even awards like "Tuba Player of the Year" or "Kentucky State Fair Best Tasting Barbecue Sauce Award" (picked some random things ;)) make you stand out from other applicants in interesting ways.

I made the Dean's List every semester, and I put it down for every semester. It looked a little weird, but don't sell yourself short here.