Ahns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stanford Fencer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone attend the AHNS meeting this past week in Chicago?

Just curious what people thought of the scientific talks.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Stanford Fencer said:
Did anyone attend the AHNS meeting this past week in Chicago?

Just curious what people thought of the scientific talks.

Thanks!

I didn't go.

But, I will be going to the Academy this year.

I am going to the AAOHNS meeting too. Are you giving an oral presentation or presenting a poster? Do you know how formally people dress there? Should I be wearing a suit for the whole conference, even for the days when I am not presenting?
Mel

Members don't see this ad :)
Melimelomed said:
I am going to the AAOHNS meeting too. Are you giving an oral presentation or presenting a poster? Do you know how formally people dress there? Should I be wearing a suit for the whole conference, even for the days when I am not presenting?
Mel

I'm not presenting. I'm just going. I'm meeting a few people for faculty position interviews and going to take some courses.

In my experience, the dress is really varied at these things. I'd say about half of the people are sport coat and slacks kind of people. Presenters are almost always in suits. The rest are polos and khakis kind of people. I mean, if you're going to be sitting around all day and taking courses or reading posters and stuffing your faces with food, then you might as well be comfortable.

I'm not presenting. I'm just going. I'm meeting a few people for faculty position interviews and going to take some courses.

In my experience, the dress is really varied at these things. I'd say about half of the people are sport coat and slacks kind of people. Presenters are almost always in suits. The rest are polos and khakis kind of people. I mean, if you're going to be sitting around all day and taking courses or reading posters and stuffing your faces with food, then you might as well be comfortable.

You never know what people will wear to the Academy. I have seen guys in UGLY shirts and shorts and then others in some pretty sweet suits. I agree with npb: wear whats comfortable but nice.