Air Force vs NHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babloo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted by the Air force today. I have an interview for the NHSC (Federal scholarship) 10 May. I have no idea when they will announce the results of NHSC. If I accept the Air Force scholarship now can I reject it if I receive NHSC before school starts in the fall? I do not want to loose out on the scholarship I have been accepted for (Air Force); though I prefer the NHSC . Please comment.

Members don't see this ad.

babloo said:
I was accepted by the Air force today. I have an interview for the NHSC (Federal scholarship) 10 May. I have no idea when they will announce the results of NHSC. If I accept the Air Force scholarship now can I reject it if I receive NHSC before school starts in the fall? I do not want to loose out on the scholarship I have been accepted for (Air Force); though I prefer the NHSC . Please comment.

You will not find out about NHSC until after school begins. The dirt-bags won't tell you until late August-early September...very frustrating. By then, you will have been to COT and comitted to AF, as far as I know, you can't "give it up". It sucks because NHSC is very competitive and by no means garunteed, whereas the HPSP is fairly easy to get.